When it came to party favours for our guests that attended my baby girls first birthday party I couldn’t find anything that seemed appropriate for a Bohemian themed party so I had to get creative. I like to pretend I have some creativity when it comes to fashion and even decorating but when it comes to actual DIY things I usually am the dreamer not the doer. Thankfully my hubby is pretty handy so usually I just drag him into my projects but for this one I actually….drum roll please…. did it all by myself and I was happy with the end result.
So I ended coming up with a little candy jar and threw some gold dipped feathers on top to give it that Bohemian feel. I wasn’t sure what candy to fill the jar with and I decided to go with chocolate m&m’s since my kids (and I) love m&ms. To give it that personal feel we took it a step little further and we actually personalized her m&m’s which I loved and am so glad we did! Of course I chose the colours of the candies based on our party colours – blush, white and gold!
So I think this DIY will be self explanatory through the pictures but if not here is the step by step text version.
- Go to Michaels (or grocery store) and purchase small canning jars with lids.
- Take off all the lids and rims and spray paint them using white spray paint – I used Krylon flat white
- Let dry and repeat step 2 again until they are completely white
- Purchase gold dipped feathers from local craft store
- Sort feathers into piles of three
- Using a hot glue gun, glue the feathers in groups of 3 onto the middle of the jar lid
- Add your candy of choice
- Enjoy and pass them along to all your guests
And there you have it! I am not sure you will see a bunch more DIY’s happening over here but we are working on some fun projects to be featured on the blog so stay tuned! Have a great weekend everyone!